A stainless steel spice box (masala dabba) is vital to anyone serious about cooking authentic Indian food, no Indian cook would be without one. It is made from Stainless Steel polished to a mirror finish and comes with a shallow cover to protect the spices and to keep whole spices onto and finally a lid to close. The masala dabba comes with 7 individual compartments that are removable and allow all the main spices for any dish to be available in one hand.
While there are numerous spices that can be used while cooking various dishes, the following 7 spices are essential for a number of Indian dishes.
- Dhaniya Powder | Coriander Powder.
- Garam Masala | Whole Spice Mix.
- Haldi | Turmeric Powder.
- Hari Elaichi | Green Cardamom.
- Lal Mirchi Powder | Red Chili Powder.
- Sabut Jeera | Cumin Seeds.